Next full moon is Dec. 3, 2017, are you ready to harness the power for self healing and transformation?
Have you felt overly emotional, had a crying or raging episode and looked up to notice that it was a full moon? That explains it right.
The moon is the ruler of our emotions and as beings that experience life through our emotions we are deeply connected to its energy. It’s no wonder that when a full moon is approaching we can get a little crazy, sad or angry. It’s emotional energy that needs to be released and the moon is making sure it happens.
The moon is an amplifier of energy, both positive and negative, and of our sixth sense. Its energy is strongest on a full moon and it’s during this time that we can take advantage of its transformational power. Because the moon has strong cleansing properties and opens our intuitive nature, we can benefit from it’s strength by harnessing its energy in moon water.
Moon water is water that is charged by the energy of the moon. Preferably a full moon or supermoon, where the energy is heightened. If the energy of the moon has the power to transform us, imagine what it can do to our water.
For centuries, cultures around the globe have used the moon in rituals for empowerment, cleansing and manifestation. We can tap into this ancient wisdom by making our own moon water and using it to assist us in attracting more of what we need and want into our lives.
The moon water rituals I share with you below are ones that I have used and benefited from. Making full moon water is a monthly tradition in my home and I use it for everything from attracting abundance to spiritual cleansing. Moon water is easy to make and use. Here’s what you need to get started.
Make Your Own Moon Water
What you’ll need
- Mason jar, bowl or large jug
- Purified, spring or distilled water
- Fill container with water. I prefer a jar with a lid to prevent bugs and critters from accessing it. This is especially important if you plan on ingesting your moon water.
- Place the jar under the full moon for the entire night. It is best if you find a spot that is not blocked by buildings or other objects to allow the moon light to penetrate the jar without obstruction.
- Bless your water and set your intentions. This is the time for you to pray to your higher power and ask your guides and the moon for assistance. If you are a reiki practitioner, infuse the power of reiki into the water by drawing any of the reiki symbols over the jar or channeling the energy through your hands as you hold it.
- The next morning your moon water is ready for use. Collect it and use in one of the 10 ways listed below.
How to use moon water
- Energize your crystals with moon water. Place your crystals in a jar with some moon water to cleanse and empower the crystals. Clear quartz is an amplifier of energy and can transform negative energy into positive energy. Add this crystal to the moon water for extra umph.
- Cleanse yourself with a moon bath. Fill the tub with warm water. Add epsom salt and a couple of handfuls of white flower petals for purification or red rose petals to attract love. Then add a few cups of moon water to the bath. I sometimes like to add crystals and essential oils to the bath too. Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Drink your moon water. Take a sip or two everyday to empower yourself with the energy of the moon. Make sure you use purified, spring or distilled water if you are going to ingest your moon water, and keep it refrigerated.
- Use your moon water to make essential oil perfumes for yourself and home clearing sprays like this Smudge Spray.
- Water your plants with it. Plants will benefit from the energy of the moon.
- Place moon water in a cup on your altar to amplify your intentions and goals.
- Use it as a daily aura cleanse. Put it in a spray bottle and spray around your aura to cleanse your energy every morning before leaving your home.
- Moon water for beauty and self care. Use your moon water to enhance your natural beauty by making a toner with it. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil in a bottle with the moon water and use daily after cleansing your face or as a refresher throughout the day.
- Diffuse your moon water in your home. Place moon water into your aromatherapy diffuser with the essential oil or oils of your choice to clear the air and enhance the effect of the oils you use. For example, wild orange is the oil of abundance. Want more abundance in your life? Add a few drops of wild orange to the diffuser along with your moon water.
- Get creative and use this moon water to manifest your soul’s desire. Make your own ritual and allow the energy of the full moon to support you.