- 2 russet potatoes
- 5 ounces of baby spinach
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Dice onion and garlic.
- Place potatoes in pot with water and boil until tender.
- Bring a cooking pan to medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray or oil and sauté onions for 2-4 minutes. Stir occasionally until onions are translucent. Then add the garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove water from pot containing potatoes and add the vegetable broth, sautéed onions and garlic, and spinach. Set heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes or until spinach is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and allow vegetables to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a Vitamix or high powered blender, add all contents of the pot and blend until smooth.
- Serve with croutons or bread.
Caution: The Vitamix is designed to blend hot soups and allow for excess steam to release from the top opening. If using another blender, take precautions when blending hot ingredients.